The New Zipp 858 is now Tubeless ready. Featuring all the aerodynamic benefits that you’ve come to know and love. The new Tubeless element will Give the added benefit of increased cornering grip and compliance with reduced rolling resistance. The 858 NSW’s undulating 77/82mm-deep rim shape, our proprietary Sawtooth™ profile, takes design cues from nature for our highest performing wheel when it comes to aero efficiency and crosswind stability. Zipp’s enhanced engineering has systematically applied biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil™ nodes, that reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force. Combined that with Tubeless compatibility and the power of disc brakes, and you are set for the ultimate in Zipp performance.
The year of the Tubeless The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
Braking Performance Perfected With Disc Brake compatibility, Experience braking like never before. Disc rotors allow for greater stopping power and improved brake modularity. The new Zipp line up comes Disc Brake ready meaning That you can go fast and stop faster.
Cognition™ Hubset Every time a conventional hubset starts to coast, friction within the freehub ratchet mechanism works like a drum brake to slow the rider down. With the Cognition Disc-brake hubset’s Axial Clutch technology, we’ve reduced this drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. Our testing shows that the best traditional three-pawl hub designs have twice the rotating friction as our Axial Clutch equipped Cognition rear hub, and the most popular hubsets using a similar drive mechanism as Axial Clutch were found to produce four times the rotating friction.
ImPress™ Zipp’s ImPress™ graphics technology has been employed, which prints graphics directly on the wheel, to help allow the dimples to do what they were design to do – help control vortex shedding (the rate at which air sheds off the wheel). Managing this is crucial to stability. ImPress™ graphics also give NSW wheels a distinctive stealthy look.
ABLC™ SawTooth™ Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. Tha payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
Zipp now offers a Lifetime Warranty on Zipp Wheels, Rims & BSS for product defects plus a Lifetime Impact & Damage replacement policy which covers all damage while riding
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes
- Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower Tyrepressures
- ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
- Power and modulation of Disc Brakes • Ships with Quick Release Endcaps and Quick Release Skewer
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Hub Width: Through Axle 12x100mm / Through Axle 12x142mm
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
- Brake compatibility: Disc Brake (Centre Lock)
- Rim inside width: 18mm
- Rim Depth: 77/82mm
- Rim finish: UD fibre, ImPress™ Technology
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: Front: 838g Rear: 935g
What’s in the box?
- Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc brake wheelset
- Compatible Rotor Lock Ring
- Compatible Spoke Wrench
- Compatible Quick release 12mm Endcaps
About The Brand
Zipp is renowned for its high quality, meticulously engineered composite wheelsets that enjoy the enviable status as the gold standard when it comes to rolling stock on your road bike. With a wide range of Zipp wheelsets, components and cycling accessories for sale, you’ll find all your speed weaponry right here.