The perfect Wheel for attacking your local Time Trial or being the first off, the bike in a Triathlon. The Zipp 808 Firecrest Has success fully beaten its predecessor. Boasting a lighter weight, an improved Hub, All in a Tubeless ready package. The Zipp 808 Firecrest is made to go fast on all courses, Featuring the new ABLC™ SawTooth™ technology, the improved wheel allows greater handling in Cross Winds and Greater braking thanks to the Disc Brake intergation. Not only just retaining Speed with stability but also Tubeless compatibility that enhances cornering grip and rider comfort and decreasing the risk of pinch flats. The new Zipp 808 Firecrest is one of the fastest wheels in the Zipp line up, Curated by pure engineering science. Get out there and go fast with the new Zipp 808 Firecrest.
The year of the Tubeless The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
66 points of Hub engagement goodness With the new ZR1 DB Hub™ offering 66 point of engagement, Experience power transfer, that’s never been seen before. All ZR1 DB Hub™ sets come with Quick release swappable end caps to work with Quick Releases and Through axles. Opening the wheels to be used whenever and wherever straight out of the box.
Braking Performance Perfected With Disc Brake compatibility, Experience braking like never before. Disc rotors allow for greater stopping power and improved brake modularity. The Firecrest comes Disc Brake ready meaning That you can go fast and stop faster.
ABLC™ SawTooth™ Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. That payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
Zipp now offers a Lifetime Warranty on Zipp Wheels, Rims & BSS for product defects plus a Lifetime Impact & Damage replacement policy which covers all damage while riding
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Power and modulation of Disc Brakes
- Firecrest rim Technology provides world class handling and stability
- Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tyre pressures
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Hub Width: Through Axle Axle12x100mm / 12x142mm
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
- Driver body type: Shimano/Sram
- Brake compatibility: Disc Brake (Centre Lock)
- Rim inside width: 19mm
- Rim Depth: 82mm
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: Rear: 1019g Front: 898g
What’s in the box?
- Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc brake wheelset
- Compatible Rotor Lock Ring
- Compatible Spoke Wrench
- Compatible Quick release 12mm Endcaps
About The Brand
Zipp is renowned for its high quality, meticulously engineered composite wheelsets that enjoy the enviable status as the gold standard when it comes to rolling stock on your road bike. With a wide range of Zipp wheelsets, components and cycling accessories for sale, you’ll find all your speed weaponry right here.