The New Zipp 404 FireCrest Tubeless is the go-to speed weapon for any situation. Being 75g lighter the previous iteration. It is aerodynamically stunning and crosswind capable 58mm rim depth is ideal for road races, time trial and triathlon, gran fondos, and endless training over all types of terrain. The 404 Firecrest the is not only the perfect wheel for racing but also the superior choice for training as well. The added Benefit of Tubeless means that the rider can enjoy both training and racing without the fear of pinch flats and Experience greater cornering grip and increase rolling resistance. The perfect choice for any situation the 404 Firecrest comes equipped with all the bells and whistles that any rider could want. With better braking, 66 points of engagement thanks to the new ZR1 DB Hub™, ABLC™ SawTooth™ Technology. All wrapped up in Tubeless package. With updated cosmetics, The 404 FireCrest perfectly pairs Stunning style and incredible speed creating a perfect mix of savvy and speedy for an all-around package.
The year of the Tubeless The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
66 points of Hub engagement goodness With the new ZR1 DB Hub™ offering 66 point of engagement, Experience power transfer, that’s never been seen before. All ZR1 DB Hub™ sets come with Quick release swappable end caps to work with Quick Releases and Through axles. Opening the wheels to be used whenever and wherever straight out of the box.
Braking Performance Perfected With Disc Brake compatibility, Experience braking like never before. Disc rotors allow for greater stopping power and improved brake modularity. The Firecrest comes Disc Brake ready meaning That you can go fast and stop faster.
ABLC™ SawTooth™ Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. That payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
Zipp now offers a Lifetime Warranty on Zipp Wheels, Rims & BSS for product defects plus a Lifetime Impact & Damage replacement policy which covers all damage while riding
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes.
- Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tyre pressures.
- Allaround aero 58mm rim depth with proven crosswind stability.
- ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel.
- Power and modulation of Disc Brakes
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc Brakes.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Hub Width: Through Axle 12x100mm / 12x142mm
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
- Brake compatibility: Disc (Centre Lock)
- Driver body type: Shimano/Sram
- Rim inside width: 19mm
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: Rear: 981g Front: 839g
What’s in the box?
- Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc brake wheelset
- Compatible Rotor Lock Ring
- Compatible Spoke Wrench
- Compatible Quick release 12mm Endcaps
About The Brand
Zipp is renowned for its high quality, meticulously engineered composite wheelsets that enjoy the enviable status as the gold standard when it comes to rolling stock on your road bike. With a wide range of Zipp wheelsets, components and cycling accessories for sale, you’ll find all your speed weaponry right here.