Zipp’s 303 S Tubeless Disc Brake wheelset provides today’s cyclists the versatility they demand with the speed they crave.
Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303 wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way. Road bikes are more versatile than ever, no matter the road surface, but just as fast as before. The 303 S offers an entirely new rim profile and design to optimise rider performance on this new breed of bike. This wheelset is tubeless for disc-brake bikes, allowing the ability to run wide tyres at lower pressures for race-ready speed on or off the pavement. The 303 S is among their lightest wheelsets, optimised for top aero performance with a 28mm tyre but capable of handling gravel tyres up to 50mm wide. The 303 S borrows design concepts from the higher-level 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset to gain speed through increased efficiency. That is achieved by creating a wheel with reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight. The key innovation is in the 303 S Series’ rim design. Its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tyre bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tyre. The wide rim optimises tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10 percent watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a smooth flat road with a 28mm tyre, according to internal Zipp testing. This groundbreaking wheelset also features all-new cosmetics, setting the rider apart from the pack, and comes at an attractive price.
Zipp now offers a Lifetime Warranty on Zipp Wheels, Rims & BSS for product defects plus a Lifetime Impact & Damage replacement policy which covers all damage while riding
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Fastest with 28mm, fits wide gravel tyres as well
- 76 / 176 DB hubs with Center locking interface
- XDR driver body option
- Wide rims optimise tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure, especially with tubeless. The result is a larger contact patch for increase grip for confident cornering, descending, and handling in wet conditions.
- Lower tyre pressures and larger volume provides a compliant ride with fewer vibrations.
- Significant watt savings when running larger tyres at lower pressure.
- Wide hookless rims create a seamless transition to the tyre, reducing drag.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Hub Width: Through Axle Axle12x100mm / 12x142mm
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
- Driver body type: Shimano/Sram
- Brake compatibility: Disc Brake (Centre Lock)
- Rim inside width: 23mm
- Rim finish: Ud Fibre / Bake-On Labels / Matte Clear Coat
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: Rear: 819g Front: 711g
About The Brand
Zipp is renowned for its high quality, meticulously engineered composite wheelsets that enjoy the enviable status as the gold standard when it comes to rolling stock on your road bike. With a wide range of Zipp wheelsets, components and cycling accessories for sale, you’ll find all your speed weaponry right here.