Zipp’s 303 Firecres Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is designed for the real world… a world of imperfect conditions, road surfaces, and elements where the bottom line is simple. Efficiency = speed. It’s faster, lighter, and more capable over varied terrain—whether the surface is pavement in all its conditions or no pavement at all. Deeply rooted in Zipp’s drive to conquer the Spring Classics, the new 303 Firecrest is remade with a purpose-made approach for the demands of modern road bikes. When it comes to going fast on a bicycle, efficiency means reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, weight. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake was designed using real-world direct measurements (vs. primarily wind tunnel or computer simulation). The results were huge. Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 30mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tyre, boosting aero efficiency on the road. The wide rim stance also features less tyre deflection for reduced rolling resistance. The combination of the wider tyre, increased tyre volume, and lower tyre pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tyre and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. This hubset features 66 points of engagement for quicker response. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is for dedicated cyclists who aspire to the latest in technology. Its competitors… in races, against peers, or simply conquering personal limits. This is about becoming faster and matching your motivation to the most advanced technology.
ABLC(Aerodynamic Boundry Layer Control) - Aerodynamic Boundry Layer Control(ABLC) refers to the patterned and instantly recognisable dimpled pattern found on all of our carbon rims. ABLC smooths airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model from the 202 to the Super 9 Disc. The third generation of ABLC has up to four time more dimples than before.
Aerobalance - Zipp's sole mission is to help you go faster.That's why our wheels are race ready before they're came camera ready.For years Zipp has used a combination of testing methods - windtunnel ,CFD computer simulations , pro athlete evaluations , on road testing, and the RollingRoad ride simulator-to refine aero performance to new levels of excellence.Over the decades of innovation , our engineers have learned to look beyond just focusing on simply reducing aero drag while minimising the effects of crosswinds on handling.This optimizing of aero efficiency and crosswind stability became known internally at Zipp as AeroBalance.The approach began with Firecrest technology and has been advanced with the introduction of the NSW lineup, especially with sawtooth technology found in the 454 and 858 NSW.
TSE Tecnology - Zipp's TSE technology (Total System Efficiency) was developed by our engineers in the Nest Adavanced Development Lab in Indy.
Zipp now offers a Lifetime Warranty on Zipp Wheels, Rims & BSS for product defects plus a Lifetime Impact & Damage replacement policy which covers all damage while riding
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile.
- Lighter weight, a 300 gram reduction than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast.
- Tubeless Made Easy, optimised tyre bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tyre.
- Ultra-wide 25mm rim profile creates a better tyre interface to be fast on or off the road
- New 40mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel in every situation
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement.
- Lifetime Warranty (Conditions Apply)
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Hub Width: Through Axle 12x100mm / 12x142mm
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
- Brake compatibility: Disc (Centre Lock)
- Driver body type: Shimano/Sram
- Rim inside width: 25mm
- Rim Depth: 40mm
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: Rear: 744g Front: 628g
About The Brand
Zipp is renowned for its high quality, meticulously engineered composite wheelsets that enjoy the enviable status as the gold standard when it comes to rolling stock on your road bike.