Aerodynamic performance, safety and ventilation work together to keep the Ventral SPIN at the cutting edge of protection.
Aerodynamic performance, safety and ventilation do not need to come at the expense of each other. By using our whole-helmet approach to development, we have been able to deliver unparalleled levels of aerodynamic performance, safety and ventilation without compromise in the Ventral SPIN.
Taking inspiration from the Venturi effect, the helmet’s airflow zones allow the helmet to pass through the air with greater efficiency, making it faster. Residual air traveling around the helmet is managed by the 22° aero trailing edge, the perfect angle for minimising turbulence, further improving aerodynamic performance.
By leading air through rather than around the helmet, its wake is minimised, while its ventilation and cooling properties are enhanced. Other features of our whole-helmet approach include a fully wrapped unibody shell with an EPS liner for the ideal balance between weight and protection. SPIN (Shearing Pad INside), our patent-pending silicone pad technology; a lightweight adjustment system and an ergonomic precision strap provides a flexible, comfortable and secure fit.
- Developed with input from pro riders, the Ventral is the new benchmark for aerodynamic performance, safety and speed.
- Features SPIN (Shearing Pad INside), silicone pad technology which forms part of POC’s Whole Helmet Concept™ to ensure the helmet works long before, during and after an impact.
- The helmet passes through the air with minimal drag thanks to a design inspired by the Venturi effect.
- Unique aerodynamic design optimized with CFD testing for enhanced aerodynamic performance and minimal air turbulence
- Helmet integrated with patent pending SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside) pads
- Extreme cooling and ventilation due to innovative air flow design
- Patent pending SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside) pads
- Aerodynamic Testing
- Unique design optimised with CFD testing for aerodynamic performance and minimal air turbulence
Construction & Liner
- High-performance EPS Line
- Fully wrapped unibody shell construction
- Venturi effect
- Accelerated airflow zones, inspired by the venturi effect, to reduce fluid drag.
- Keep your POC Sunglasses securely stored
- S 50-56 (CM)
- L 56-61(CM)
Helmet sizes are based on the circumference of your head. To determine the correct size, wrap a measuring tape around your head. Once you've determined the measurement, you can use the chart here as a guide.
About The Brand
POC, a leading manufacturer of helmets, eyewear, body armour, apparel and accessories in snow sports and cycling, was founded in 2005 in Sweden.
With a mission to ‘Protect lives and reduce the consequences of accidents for athletes and anyone inspired to be one’ POC has a crystal clear vision to provide optimised personal protection and safety through developing products of unquestionable quality and relevance.
To support its development and quality, POC established two scientific forums, POC Lab and WATTS Lab, which brings together some of the finest minds in research, medicine and safety to advise on new research and trends.
Inspired by its mission and scientific approach, POC has built a reputation for breaking with convention, exploring new ideas and innovating to improve protection for all. POC has been fortunate to protect many Olympic athletes, World Champions and elite athletes around the globe and to share in many of their successes.
Creating products forged in safety and innovation is at the heart of POCs approach, be it for an elite athlete, weekend skiers or a daily bike commuter. It’s an approach that has led to over 60 international safety, design and innovation awards, including the prestigious bike industry ‘Brand of the Year’ award.